I am always trying to figure out better ideas for getting my kids to work (cheefully.) Some ideas work better than others. Here's an idea that works great with my younger children. I call it:
Sock mopping is just what it sounds like:
- First, I fill the kitchen sink up with warm, sudsy water.
- Next, I take a bowl and pour quite a bit of the warm, sudsy water all over my kitchen floor.
- Then I snag 2 or 3 children and tell them to go put some socks on, 'cause it's TIME TO SOCK MOP!
- Then we all rub our socked feet all over our kitchen floor until it sparkles!
- Lastly, we take our socks off and I give everyone an old bath towel. Everyone stands on their towel and we "dance" all over the floor until it's dry.
And that, my friends is called sock mopping. Your kids will think it's great fun.
(The first one or two times you ask them to do it; after that, they're on to ya.)